~Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, 30 January 2009
2014 CTAUN Atlanta Conference: “Youth in Danger: A Call to Action”
. Watch this space for the Conference Report.
NEW: Annual CTAUN Conference at the UN in New York Friday 31 January 2014 : Promoting Peace Through Education
. To read the report go to the "CONFERENCES" tab.
The UN Secretary General's High Level Panel on Post2015 has released its report
To download the report and add comments click here
To join the global conversation
and help shape the Millennium Development Goals post-2015 click here
The UN now offers Tours for Children
- specifically geared for elementary grades. For more information, and to book a tour,
2013 CTAUN Conference at SMU in DALLAS, TX
- "Global Partnerships: Where do you fit?",
Click here for the conference report
Reports on past conferences can be found under "CONFERENCES"
Millennium Development Goals
Access and Quality
CTAUN provides educators worldwide with opportunities to learn about the work of the United Nations and to incorporate this global awareness into curricula and school activities at all levels.
- We organize conferences to bring educators together with international experts at the United Nations and around the country.
- We facilitate curriculum development on international issues.
- Through Best Practices Awards, we recognize teachers’ hard work, dedication, creativity and resourcefulness.
- We believe with Nelson Mandela that “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
♦ ♦ ♦
Discussions are taking place at the UN to prepare for a post2015 development after the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) expire. You can follow those discussions and add YOUR voice at www.worldwewant2015.org
♦ ♦ ♦
Support the Campaign to end the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict:
♦ ♦ ♦
Check out our new Teacher Resources on Peace Education
on the “TEACHER RESOURCES” tab